Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rhandysr
Returning Member

Mortgage Interest

For 2018 Taxes, I entered the Box 1 amount from a 1098, together with other requested information from the same 1098, but when I continued to the next page, there was a message which said that since the amount from the 1098 was different than what I actually paid, I had to supply additional info. How could this be true, number 1, and how does TurboTax know what I paid? Without going through the entire year's mortgage payment statements (which I presume TT doesn't have) is there somewhere that I entered an amount that I thought I had paid? I do not want to obtain the payment info, and what the heck would I do about the difference (in my benefit or the Mortgage company's benefit). How do I get out of this corner and proceed. I have three more interest payment 1098's to enter to proceed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Mortgage Interest

Go back and "Edit" that Mortgage and it's entries.

When you get to the main page that shows all the box entries

....there is a checkbox under the box 1 entry, that you accidentally hit somehow  (cat walked on your keyboard again? ).  Uncheck that box and continue thru the rest of the questions, and all should be OK now.

Mortgage_1.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies