turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

daupet1

Miles driven to get medical care is not allowing an entry

The 'Miles driven to get medical care' is flagged as 'must be greater than 0'. However, I have entered supporting details and the miles don't get transferred to the field. This leaves me stuck on this topic as it won't let me go forward and won't let me enter an amount. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Make sure you are not using decimals or fractions.  Whole miles only.  See if that works. 

I'm using TurboTax for the 2021 tax year on MacOS X Big Sur and also am getting stuck on the medical travel page. I didn't even try to enter miles but just clicked Continue. I got the same message as the original poster and clicking Continue still didn't work. I installed the latest updates but Continue on the medical travel page still didn't work. How could such a problem be undetected in program testing?

My workaround was to go to the corresponding form and putting a temporary value of 1 into the miles field (actually, into the details form for the miles field).  Still, TurboTax shouldn't throw up such a roadblock for the users, and it's been there since at least last year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies