turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had $461 reimbursed from my FSA account for dependent child care. But Turbotax only has the table to add childcare expenses for each provider - no way to exclude this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I had $461 reimbursed from my FSA account for dependent child care. But Turbotax only has the table to add childcare expenses for each provider - no way to exclude this.

In the day care section you will enter each provider separately and the total amount you paid them.  Do NOT subtract anything from those totals. The program will take what is on box 10 of the W-2 to the form 2441 automatically and will complete the form/math for you ... don't try to help it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

does the amount appear in box 10 of your W-2? it should. that gets entered nowhere else.   what you enter for dependent care expenses is what you paid the provider - the persons or organizations that took care of him while you worked.  should be at least the $461 you were reimbursed.  The exception is if you had money left in the FSA a/c at the end of 2018 that you used to pay expenses during the grace period in 2019. that amount goes on line 13 of 2441. 

Thank you for your reply. It is unclear to me. Can you please clarify?

My child had 3 providers in 2019.

A = $250

B = $300

C = $1900

I paid them all. 

Turbotax has the table for these 3 expenses,

also the FSA amount of $461 is entered in Box 10 of my W2 (and input into Turbo tax).

Do I need to manually subtract the $461 from this total of $2450? or is it already taken care of?

In the day care section you will enter each provider separately and the total amount you paid them.  Do NOT subtract anything from those totals. The program will take what is on box 10 of the W-2 to the form 2441 automatically and will complete the form/math for you ... don't try to help it. 

Thank you! I added back the $461 and this reduced my tax owed a little 😀

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies