Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't receive credit for my children on my stimulis check who do I call to correct that

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I didn't receive credit for my children on my stimulis check who do I call to correct that

This has been reported by a number of people.  We do not have any information at this time.  The IRS phone lines seem to be down at this time, but you would have to contact them for clarification. 

The IRS has a Websites to update information and check your filing status. 

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

These are the guidelines to qualify.

• You must claim them as a dependent on your tax return 
  • They must be under age 17 
  • They must be related to you (blood, marriage, or adoption) 
  • They cannot provide more than half of their financial support during the tax year 
  • They must be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national or a U.S. resident alien 
  • They must live with you for at least half of the year 

If they meet these requirements, the additional $500 will be sent to the taxpayer that claimed the child on their most recent tax return (2018 or 2019). 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

when filing taxes, the program does not give full refund.  My child did not receive $600.00 and I did not

receive $600.00.  The credit for the stimulis should be $1200.00 not $600.00?

I am saying there is something wrong with Turbo Tax Program.  Since they didn't receive their second stimulis, shouldn't their credit for the stimulis be $1200.00?

How old is your child?  Do they show up as a dependent on your return?  Did you get either of the first or second Stimulus payments?

The Stimulus Checks are really based on your 2020 return we are filing in 2021.  So any amount you already got will be reconciled on your 2020 return line 30.  If you didn't get a Stimulus Check (and qualify) or you qualify for more it will be added to your 2020 return.  But the good news is if they paid you too much they won't take it back.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

The Recovery rebate credit is on 1040 line 30.  It either adds to your refund or reduced a tax due.

Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

My daughter and I did not receive our second stimulis.  In the Turbo Tax Program , on the page of Recovery 

Stimulis it shows a credit of only $600.00.  Should it not be $1200.00?

If you are filing Single or Head of Household you should get 1,200 for yourself for the first Stimulus payment and 600 for the second.  So for you it should be 1,800.  Then if your child is under 17 it is 500+600.  So you might qualify for 2,900.

Make sure on the Recovery rebate credit screen you enter a 0 if you did not get the first or second Stimulus payments.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

The Recovery rebate credit is on 1040 line 30.  It either adds to your refund or reduced a tax due.

Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies