Health Care Premium Deductions

My employer's offered healthcare costs are rising significantly so they have offered if we find a less expensive plan on the marketplace they will still cover 50% of the premium. The way they will do this is by paying it in our salary each month, but not listed as a reimburement, effectively increasing my taxable income. I don't itemize so I am wondering if it is still possible to deduct the healthcare premiums or if they would need to meet the unremibursed medical expenses threshold first?

Health Care Premium Deductions

the premiums can only be deducted on Schedule A (assuming you itemize).  And only the part that exceeds 10% (2019) of your AGI is eligible.

Also, please read this article

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/health-care/when-can-you-claim-a-tax-deduction-for-health-insurance...

Health Care Premium Deductions

i don't itemize, is there anywhere to list the portion of this that would be a reimbursement so that i'm not taxed on it?

Health Care Premium Deductions

Unfortunately, no

Only other way is for employer to pay the premium and reduce your wages so in effect you are paying with ore-tax dollars