Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I qualify for the senior housing credit? I get a partial deduction on my property taxes

I get a partial exemption on My property taxes, but still pay some. Do I qualify for the Senior Housing Credit?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Do I qualify for the senior housing credit? I get a partial deduction on my property taxes

For which state? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

For which state? 

colorado

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

It looks like you do not. 

According to the State of Colorado:

“Colorado seniors 65 years of age or older at the end of 2022 may qualify for the Income Qualified Senior Housing Income Tax Credit. Please read below carefully to determine if you qualify for the credit, and to calculate how much you qualify for. 

1. Is your date of birth (or your spouse's date of birth) December 31, 1957 or earlier?
    • Yes: Continue to step 2. 
    • No: Stop, you do not qualify for this credit.
  2. Were you (or was your spouse) a full-year or part-year resident of Colorado for 2022?
    • Yes: Continue to step 3.
  3. Is your adjusted gross income (line 11 of your federal tax form 1040, 1040-SR, or 1040-NR) for this income tax year $75,000 or less?
    • Yes: Continue to step 4.
  4. Did you receive a partial property tax exemption for your primary residence under section 39-3-204 of the Colorado Revised Statutes (commonly known as the Senior Property Tax Exemption, Senior Homestead Exemption or Disabled Veteran Exemption) for the property tax year beginning January 1, 2022? The exemption should appear on your property tax statement from your county assessor. You may have been approved for the exemption by applying in a prior year. This exemption is generally allowed if one owner of a home is 65 years old as of January 1, and has occupied the home as a primary residence for at least 10 consecutive years.
    • No: You qualify for this income tax credit. Continue to step 5 in order to calculate the amount of credit you are eligible to receive. 
    • Yes: Stop, you do not qualify for this credit. 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies