Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

I'm actually happy to see that this issue is impacting a lot of us. That increases the odds that they will prioritize fixing it soon. I am sure that they figured that high balance mortgages were not as common so they focused on other issues but given the housing market and inflation and all that - I don't think it is actually that uncommon to be in this situation.

What I did is calculated by hand the correct mortgage interest amount and manually entered onto Schedule A so I could see the correct tax amount I will owe. I have not tried to file yet so I don't know if the software will prevent me from doing so with this approach. Hopefully, they fix it within the next week or so.

JoTaxes

Today is February 19th, my Turbo Tax software is up to date.  But I'm still getting the error that the Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheete has not been finalized for returns with two or more mortgages.  Form expected to be available after February 17th.  

I refianced last year, old loan $910k, new loan $950k.  So the previously reported work arounds won't work for my situation since the loan amounts are not the same.

Any feedback on how to address manually, or when the forms will be complete?

Thanks,

That link above is not helpful.

bjpatnode

Hi RaifH, Today is February 19th and I am still getting this error.  How do I override it?

bjpatnode

Hi RaifH, Today is February 19th and I am still getting this error.  How do I override it?

chongl
Returning Member

Ridiculous. How is it not a product defect when it can't handle more than a single 1098 form? It's not that hard to understand how this is an issue...

can't.. 

Is the worksheet coming soon? It's 2/19 and I'm trying to file and still not available.

I was told by TurboTax support agent that it will be available on the 18th. They lied

Are you saying you can still file with the error?

I read in an earlier post that someone said customer service gave them a date of 2/24/22.  So frustrating, this isn’t the IRS, it’s turbo tax.   You can’t file until this is fixed.   They won’t getting my business next year, I’ve been using them for over 20 years..  

Can't seem to add a Twitter link to a post here.

I pinned a tweet to support to my profile with a screenshot of the error:

https://twitter.com/jseparovic

retweet it if you can. get some more attention.

I moved to H&R Block today and started over. It wasn't that bad to redo everything, it calculates all of this properly, and my refunds went up. Just bail on TT is my advice. I'm done, never to return (no pun intended).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies