jbrouse

Preschool cost (dependent care)

Daughter attends preschool so that wife can work part-time (2 days per week).  However, the school requires that my daughter attend 3 days per week to be enrolled @ $20 per day.  What, if any, can I claim?

Preschool cost (dependent care)

Technically, you probably should only claim the $20 per day for the days your wife works.  That means that when entering your qualifying expenses, you would report a partial amount, not the full amount.  However,  the way that form 2441 actually works does not get into that level of detail, so if you claim it all you probably won't get caught.

Preschool cost (dependent care)