Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Possible glitch on blank for "additional medical insurance premiums"

Greetings!

I'm using desktop TT Home & Business for 2022 filing. I think I have a glitch in the data-entry box at the following location: Personal/Deductions & Credits/Medical/Medical Expenses/How much did you spend of insurance premiums?/Additional medical insurance premiums.

When I click in the box, the box "responds" i.e. gets a thick blue border; however, the box is already populated with "0" and I can't erase it or type anything in the box.

I have info I need to enter there because, not only can't I find anywhere else, but I have found a couple of Community answers stating that it's the right place. I have premiums reported to me on 1099-R and out-of-pocket premiums paid for an individual dental policy.

Unfortunately, entering these amounts will not affect what I owe, because I won't exceed the standard deduction for federal & I already have negative AGI for state. A TT note at this data entry point tells me what I entered last year. I want to be as consistent as possible YOY to avoid reasons for questions.

How can I free up that blank so I can enter the data?

Thanks for any help.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Try this -

Put you cursor in the box and double click.  This should bring up the Supporting Details box where you can remove the 0 or just add additional information.

If that did not work, then again put your cursor in the box and then click on Edit in the upper left of the desktop program screen and then click on Add Supporting Details.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Try this -

Put you cursor in the box and double click.  This should bring up the Supporting Details box where you can remove the 0 or just add additional information.

If that did not work, then again put your cursor in the box and then click on Edit in the upper left of the desktop program screen and then click on Add Supporting Details.

I was posting a new question for 2023 taxes & noticed I never said thanks for this answer. Even though this turned out to be a "well...duh" moment for me, the kind answer was spot on and totally without the ridicule I might have deserved.

I used to be the go-to guy for tech, but retirement has atrophied my brain. If I went to the hospital & they asked me what day it was, I'd fail that cognitive test. Maybe I could figure it out by what was on TV last night!

Thanks, Eddie

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies