thomasba77

Entering the information for child care, I was not asked the organizations ID Number. Where do I place this number.

RyanH2

Please use the steps below to go back through the interview process to enter your child care provider's EIN.

To Add a Childcare Provider in TurboTax Online:

1. Go to "Federal Taxes" at the top of the screen

2. Select "Deductions & Credits"

3. Scroll down to "You and Your Family" and select "Show More"

4. Select "Start" next to "Child and Dependent Care Credit"

5. Select "Yes" to "Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2016?"

6. Select "Continue" on the Add Dependents page and proceed to answer the questions

7. When asked "Who provided the care?" select "An Organization" and continue to enter their ID on the next page

For general information on the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit visit this link: Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit

RyanH2

2. Select "Deductions & Credits"