Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fne
Level 1

On the review, it is taking me to form 5695 to input my address. It won't let me. Also, I am not in separate homes and filing jointly. Bug?

we purchased an A/C and are claiming the Residential Energy Credit.   the program is requesting I check the entry by inputting my address.   First problem, it won't let me.  Second problem, the form is titled Copy 2 Separate Homes and Filing Jointly.  that is not the case and all my entries are correct as Filing Jointly same household.  Is this part not working properly?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

On the review, it is taking me to form 5695 to input my address. It won't let me. Also, I am not in separate homes and filing jointly. Bug?

Use this link to sign up for notifications for Form 5695.   Sign up for Form 5695 notifications.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Patp
Level 2

There is a colossal bug. I  am having the same problem with 5695. I am not married and not filing jointly and own only one home. Yet the program insists that I supply an address on copy 2 that DOES NOT apply.  Please fix asap because the program bars me from filing unless I supply an address and laughably you cannot even enter an address in the highlighted spaces either.  

Exact same problem!   HELP, Intuit, can't file!!

I was able to go to Forms view and delete the "Form 5695 Copy 2 - Separate Homes and Filing Jointly" .  Review  passed the test.

Same problem on TurboTax for Mac.  Dead in the water. The form to fill out the address looks like it was not finished.  It will not allow visible or invisible input and the result is dead in the water.

Patp
Level 2

I will give ithat option a try tomorrow. Hope it works for me. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This is a known issue on Mac's. You can sign up here for updates. Why am I getting an error when trying to enter the address for the home where I installed the energy...

@caroleaaaac 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for letting me know to sign up for resolution news.  For now I worked around the problem by going directly to the form but I am not confident that I filled everything out correctly.  So I am anxious to get the fix.

Patp
Level 2

I just installed the latest update today (2/29). They have fixed the problem but you have to go through the energy credits Q and As again because they have a few more questions to answer which eliminates the issues. 

I passed the review and e filed. Hooray!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies