Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

t140v

My 1098 mortgage interest statement does not have how much tax I paid what do I do

Turbotax is asking for property taxes paid on my 1098 mortgage interest statement but that is not on there so what do I do 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

My 1098 mortgage interest statement does not have how much tax I paid what do I do

Often the property taxes will not be shown in a particular box on your Form 1098, but it may be printed in the “small print” somewhere else on the page.

If you do not find it there, you can either contact your mortgage company to get information about your escrow disbursements or contact your county tax office to determine the amount that you paid in 2017.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Often the property taxes will not be shown in a particular box on your Form 1098, but it may be printed in the “small print” somewhere else on the page.

If you do not find it there, you can either contact your mortgage company to get information about your escrow disbursements or contact your county tax office to determine the amount that you paid in 2017.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies