Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Need help UI adjustment?

Just received a refund from IRS, which may be from the UI 10,200 tax credit. However, I'm confused on the numbers. I was going to amend when the bill first passed, but waited since IRS say they will adjust it automatically. So, I ended up not submitting my amended form on turbotax. The confusing part now is that my total return on my amended form on turbotax is a different amount compared to the what IRS refunded me for the adjustment. If I submit my amended form on turbotax, my refund amount is more than what IRS had refund me. What do I do? Now I'm regretting my decision and should've submitted my amended form instead of having them automatically adjust it...

2 Replies
Level 15

Need help UI adjustment?

I assume "Just received a refund from IRS" means a 2nd refund has shown up in your bank account (or a check in the mail).  The IRS will be sending a letter explaining, in detail, what the changes were.  It's not clear how long that will take. 


Do not regret not amending. That woulda been a bigger headache.

Level 15

Need help UI adjustment?

If you have qualifying child/children for the CTC then the IRS just sent out the first advance CTC payment so maybe that is what you just got.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings