Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return is held up because of foriegn deduction ..there is no foreign deduction that i know of so why do you say i have and what/where is it?

remove any foreign deduction or disaster deduction from my file i have no knowledge of any of these please?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My return is held up because of foriegn deduction ..there is no foreign deduction that i know of so why do you say i have and what/where is it?

you are not helping me to file....i have no foreign deduction or any disaster deduction so why are you denying me to file and receive my  refund ....if no answer i will have cancel and go elsewhere for 2020  thank you

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If by foreign deduction, you mean foreign tax credit, that form will be available soon. Please see IRS Forms Availability for the most recent updates. 

Keep in mind, the IRS will first be receiving tax returns February 12, 2021.

Secondly, please check if you had Form 1099-DIV in your tax return. Form 1099-DIV often has foreign tax reported.

See this article for specifics: Where do I enter Form 1099-DIV?

Second, utilize the Jump to link described here: Where do I enter the foreign tax credit (Form 1116) or deduction for 2020?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies