My property taxes through escrow were not paid by my mortgage company and are currently in the process of being paid. Do I count anything? What do I do?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My property taxes through escrow were not paid by my mortgage company and are currently in the process of being paid. Do I count anything? What do I do?

3 Replies

No. You can only deduct the taxes that were paid in 2018. You will be able to deduct these taxes in 2019 unless you exceed the $10,000 State and Local Taxes limit.

So when my escrow pays the tax for both 2018 and 2019, I will only be able to deduct up to $10,000?  The failure of my escrow to pay the tax will cost me a deduction?

If your property taxes paid are over $10,000, yes, you will lose some of the deduction.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings