coachgeorge95

My property taxes through escrow were not paid by my mortgage company and are currently in the process of being paid. Do I count anything? What do I do?

MaryEllen

No. You can only deduct the taxes that were paid in 2018. You will be able to deduct these taxes in 2019 unless you exceed the $10,000 State and Local Taxes limit.

coachgeorge95

So when my escrow pays the tax for both 2018 and 2019, I will only be able to deduct up to $10,000?  The failure of my escrow to pay the tax will cost me a deduction?
MaryEllen

If your property taxes paid are over $10,000, yes, you will lose some of the deduction.