ourtaxuserid

My husband & I each have our own HSA. We have a HDHP thru his employer - family coverage. Am I enrolled in a HDHP even though it is thru his employer as family coverage?

His plan was effective in Nov. 2016 and we have no other insurance.  On the "are you enrolled in a HDHP in 2016" screens, would I check yes for each of us that we were enrolled in an HDHP in 2016 and check "me and my family" for each of us?

dmertz

Yes, that is correct.  Since you are covered under your husband's HDHP insurance, you both have family coverage and you were both covered on December 1, 2016.

dmertz