• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewleepreble

My girlfriend and I live together. with our two children and she does not work. I give her money for staying at home and watching them. can this be childcare expense?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
macuser_22
Level 15

My girlfriend and I live together. with our two children and she does not work. I give her money for staying at home and watching them. can this be childcare expense?

"our children"   No.  A parent cannot be a paid child care provider for their own child.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
macuser_22
Level 15

"our children"   No.  A parent cannot be a paid child care provider for their own child.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.46m
Members

2.57m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v