Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening TODAY!

robvon36

My daughter is 18 I claimed her as she lives with me and take care of her 100%, under the part of dependents it said 0.00 earned, is it because she is 18?

Are you confused by not getting the child tax credit?  You lose the child tax credit when the child turns 17.  You can still claim an 18 year old child as your dependent and get the $4050 personal exemption that lowers the amount of income you are taxed on, and if you qualify you can still get EIC for her.