user633

My car broke down. Now I need to rent. Can I use standard mileage deduction method for part of the year, and total expense for the other part?

I only tracked mileage before.  Now I will keep track of the rental and gas.
Mike9241

you can not use the standard mileage rate if you claim actual expenses for a car you lease.

Hal_Al

Q.  Can I use standard mileage deduction method for part of the year, and total expense for the other part?

A. Yes, in that situation. You may use the standard mileage rate for the time you used your own car and actual expenses (rent and gas) for the rental car.

user633

Thanks!