Vish

My 1099-DIV auto imported from Wealthfront. During the final federal check I get "Schedule B-Form 1099-DIV: Foreign source amount must be entered". Where can i find this?

SamiaI

If there is an entry in 1099-DIV box 6TurboTax will immediately and incorrectly require an entry in box 6d and will mark it as an error until an amount is entered.  Box 6d is “the foreign source amount included in dividends.” 

If Form 1116 is filled out, there is a screen to input that amount which TurboTax will insert into box 6d and clear the error. 

If Form 1116 is not filled out because the user elects to use the exemption or the deduction, then bring up the 1099-DIV worksheet and type a zero into box 6d to remove the error.

SamiaI