Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dteitelbaum88
Returning Member

Meal Expenses still not being deducted at 100% for Partnership expenses (K-1) for tax year 2022

Despite the thread saying follow the prompts, my return is still being rejected.  While the forms part of the turbotax software shows this correct, when i press "print tax return" the amount is still incorrect (says 50% only and doesn't show 100%).  The thread falsely shows this as resolved despite my return being rejected. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Meal Expenses still not being deducted at 100% for Partnership expenses (K-1) for tax year 2022

Whether or not your meals are 100% deductible would not cause your federal return to be rejected.  If you look at your Supplemental Business Expenses Worksheet and do not see the Meal expenses not subject to limitation (100% deductible) populated when you entered an amount into the box during the interview process entering your Schedule K-1, it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2022" file that is experiencing this issue.

You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information.  If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: 

In TurboTax Online, go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number. 

In TurboTax CD/Download versions, go to the black panel on the top of your screen and select Online. 

1. Scroll down to and select Send tax file to Agent. 
  2. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click send through this screen and then you will get a Token number. 

Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.   

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@dteitelbaum88 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dteitelbaum88
Returning Member

My token number is 1128249.  You will see that, despite the software being patched for partnership for the 100% vs 50% distinction, when you go to supplemental business expenses partnership, only 50% appears. 

dteitelbaum88
Returning Member

See screenshot showing only 50% not the distinction for the print (line 17).  This was supposedly patched yesterday (there is a new prompt) but my efile is still getting rejected due to this. Screenshot 2023-04-14 100613.png

dteitelbaum88
Returning Member

Here is the error for reference:

Screenshot 2023-04-14 101424.png

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Upon review, the line item lists that it is showing the 50% amount, when it is in fact showing the full 100% and is not calculating "50% of line 16".  It is then reporting the full 100% amount in Total Expenses and this is the amount carried over to your Schedule E.  So your unreimbursed expenses are being deducted correctly.

Please check your filing status and post back if it is continuing to reject.

@dteitelbaum88   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies