Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SoManyForms1
Returning Member

Last 4 digits on 1099-G wrong

I file my state taxes with Turbotax. California Franchise Tax board sends report of state tax refund every year, form 1099-G. The last 4 digits of the TIN is visible. One of the digits is wrong. It happened last year too and I was hoping it would be fixed on its own. I have double checked the number. It is correct on 1040 federal form.

Should I address this? If so, how?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

It would not be from your 1040 return but from the California 540.  Although I don't know how the 540 could have a different ssn than federal.    You would need to ask California about it.  Do you efile or mail in your state return?  Did you do state separate from federal?  Like directly on the CA website?  

Contact California state

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/help/contact/index.html 

SoManyForms1
Returning Member

I used turbo tax to file both federal and state at the same time. That is the weird thing. I figured maybe this year they get it right, but the 1099G was wrong.

Only thing I can think of is to send them a letter. 

I would also create an account on CA.  Make sure your account shows your tax returns and income, etc.  I assume the name and refund amount are right on the 1099G?  You might have a big problem if your ssn is wrong somewhere.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies