Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K1 income not flowing through to schedule SE or section D2

K1 income is correctly accounted for in calculating income taxes and SS taxes BUT not flowing through into self-employed income for social security admin calculations?  This is a 2022 return problem.  2000 through 2021 are correct -- i must have ticked some box in 2022 that eliminated the income? What do i need to change before i file an amended return? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I suggest reviewing your actual input of the Schedule K-1 activity in your 2022 tax return.  Make sure you have entered the applicable Schedule K-1 in the correct section. Self-employment income would be generated if your Schedule K-1 was from a partnership or LLC.  The amount of income subject to self-employment would be reported on Line 14 of your Schedule K-1.

To review your input, log back into TurboTax.

1. Select Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the section titled Business items.
  3. In this section, select edit/start to the right of Schedules K-1, Q.
  4. Select the applicable Schedule K-1 and proceed through the screens until you see the page titled "Check boxes that have an amount or checked on the form".
  5. If your Schedule K-1 has an amount on line 14, make sure you mark Box 14 on this screen.
  6. The next screen will give you the option to select a pull down arrow and select net earnings(loss) from self-employment.  Be sure to enter the amount as well.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

You can get to all your posts by clicking on your username anywhere you see it and on the upper right user icon, probably a blue ball with a O in it (O for OldCarGuy).  

@OldCarGuy 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I suggest reviewing your actual input of the Schedule K-1 activity in your 2022 tax return.  Make sure you have entered the applicable Schedule K-1 in the correct section. Self-employment income would be generated if your Schedule K-1 was from a partnership or LLC.  The amount of income subject to self-employment would be reported on Line 14 of your Schedule K-1.

To review your input, log back into TurboTax.

1. Select Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the section titled Business items.
  3. In this section, select edit/start to the right of Schedules K-1, Q.
  4. Select the applicable Schedule K-1 and proceed through the screens until you see the page titled "Check boxes that have an amount or checked on the form".
  5. If your Schedule K-1 has an amount on line 14, make sure you mark Box 14 on this screen.
  6. The next screen will give you the option to select a pull down arrow and select net earnings(loss) from self-employment.  Be sure to enter the amount as well.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thank you, i was able to find this entery and correct it 

i wanted to thank the woman that first answered my post -- she was the one that put me in the correct direction -- i cant acces prior posts, but she deserves "best answer" also.  The man who answered after her was "rude" and not interested in helping me. He deserves at class in customer service.

You can get to all your posts by clicking on your username anywhere you see it and on the upper right user icon, probably a blue ball with a O in it (O for OldCarGuy).  

@OldCarGuy 

thank you for taking my request serously and answering in a very professional manner

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies