DavidStroup070142

Is Visiting Angels a legal Deduction. If so does it go in Medical expenses since it is Home Care. My wife has Alheizmers and the Visiting Angels people have been caring for her.

I have had Visiting Angels (Home Aid) caring part time for my wife who has Alheizmers.  Can I claim the cost as a Medical expense?

Bsch4477

Costs related to the care of your wife are a medical deduction if you itemize. By any cost not related to her care sucias household cleaning is not. You can only deduct an amount of total medical expenses greater than 7.5 percent of your AGI. 

mesquitebean

Visiting Angels may have information in print or at their website on what part of their services may be deductible, since this would likely be a common question for them.   Contact them and ask them for more information in this regard and how they break it down.