Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aloha3

Is it okay to share my business (LLC) EIN number with a client?

A client's kids joined our summer camp for a week or so last year- he's asking for my EIN's number for childcare deduction on his tax return. When I called IRS they said this is a confidential number that I should be treated like SSN and not be shared. However, the client is insisting for a very long time now and sending me links stating that he needs this number and that all providers should provide their EIN number. I am confused. Please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Is it okay to share my business (LLC) EIN number with a client?

If this client paid you to take care of his child so he could work, then provide the Tax ID so he can enter it in order to get the childcare credit on his tax return.   Many childcare providers get Tax ID's so that they will not have to give out their Social Security numbers.   And...of course, the amount he enters on his return for the credit will have to match the amount of income you enter from that childcare when you prepare your own tax return.   The IRS cross checks amounts from parents and childcare providers.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies