Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Importing ItsDeductible Data Into TT 2024

Importing didn't work in TT Deluxe 2023.  Suspect it's cuz Intuit expected to jettison ItsDeductible that year so their IT wizards didn't bother themselves with integrating the function though, as a PR play, they reversed themselves on ending ID, hence punishing diehard ID users for their rebellion.  Super longtime TT user here who's had it up to here with ever increasing prices coupled with vexing never fixed bugs such as this one and that goofy resolution bug.  I might give Intuit just one more chance to redeem themselves if they can assure me the ID import will work with TT Deluxe 2023 (for Windows).  Wonder if Intuit's IT gurus were recruited from the crowd that brought us the Obamacare website.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I have an ItsDecuctible account and using the 2023 TurboTax Premier desktop edition for Windows.  Just downloaded my donations from the website.

To enter charitable donations -

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
Click on Deductions and Credits
Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
Scroll down to Charitable Donations
On Import from ItsDeductible Online, click on the start or update button

Or enter charitable donation in the Search box located in the upper right of the online program screen. Click on Jump to charitable donation

Thanks for the ray of hope.  Didn't work like that -- like it was supposed to -- last year.  Hoping it works like that this year -- but I'll be down there in the Deluxe cheap seats.

Got my years all mixed up.  Duh.  Sorry.  Worried about Intuit's 2023 tax year software vs their sad 2022 tax year software.   

@DoninGA  I'm using the same TT version as you (except for Mac).  All of the steps you laid out are there, except "On Import from ItsDeductible Online, click on the start or update button".  That one simply doesn't exist for me. I've been using TT and ItsDeductible for many years and really don't want to re-enter all of the work I've done in ID.  Any idea of a work-around?

@thatericguy The selections in the TurboTax program for the various sections should be the same whether using the Windows software or the Mac software for TurboTax.

Unless the development team for the Mac software made a mistake.  Or there may have been a software update that you did not get (doubtful).  So just to be sure check to see if you have any program updates available.

This is what you should be seeing in the Deductions & Credits section for Charitable Donations -

Charitable Donations 2023 TTD.JPG

If your software is up to date then the only suggestion would be to contact TurboTax support to see if they can provide a solution.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies