Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NMURPHY

2017 property taxes payable statement, do I need to wait until my county mails these statements out in late March before I can file my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2017 property taxes payable statement, do I need to wait until my county mails these statements out in late March before I can file my taxes?

If you live in Minnesota & are asking about the M1PR form, then yes, you need to wait until you get the 2017 property tax statement in March.  You can still file the regular MN return - the M1, & your federal 1040 return now.  The M1PR is totally separate from the M1 & its due date is August 15.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you live in Minnesota & are asking about the M1PR form, then yes, you need to wait until you get the 2017 property tax statement in March.  You can still file the regular MN return - the M1, & your federal 1040 return now.  The M1PR is totally separate from the M1 & its due date is August 15.

KenH1

You do not have to wait.  

Property taxes paid in 2016 are deductible in 2016.  The best way to obtain that number is by contacting your city/town or county tax collector's office.

If your property taxes are paid by a mortgage lender, it is often reported on the 1098 statement that they send out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies