turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

m-speers

I am using TurboTax Home and Business on PC. Why can't I enter the Property Taxes I paid on my main (and only) home?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JulieR
Expert Alumni

I am using TurboTax Home and Business on PC. Why can't I enter the Property Taxes I paid on my main (and only) home?

I don't know the details of your return, but it is possible that your property tax deduction is being limited by the new $10,000 cap now imposed on total itemized deductions for taxes. This would include all deductions for taxes, including state and local tax withholding, state and local personal property taxes, etc.

You would enter your property taxes under the Personal section of your return under Deductions & Credits / Your Home / Property Taxes.  You'll enter your property taxes in the line "Property tax on your main home".  

JulieR
Expert Alumni

If my answer did not completely answer your question, can you explain your issue in greater detail?  I'd like to be able to help you further.
m-speers

This is the first deduction I am entering. Main home and additional have $0 entered and I can not change it.  Foreign real estate is blank and I could enter there.
JulieR
Expert Alumni

Have you tried switching to the Forms view (Ctrl+2), opening Schedule A, then double-clicking on the entry field for line 5 b? If you do that, you'll be taken to the Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet where you can manually enter it there.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies