Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

k_p_swann

If I click on I stopped using this vehicle in 2020 it will not include the standard mileage deduction for that car?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If I click on I stopped using this vehicle in 2020 it will not include the standard mileage deduction for that car?

No, the fact you stopped using the car for your business in 2020 won't affect your standard mileage deduction as long as you actually used the vehicle a part of the year for your business.  

kstein05

I did not drive my car for business during 2020 because of covid. How do I answer these questions?
I am not sure what turbo tax used for deductions in 2019.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If you didn't use your car for business in 2020, but your intention is to use it in 2021 you should keep it on your return.  You should enter your personal mileage (none for business) if you have it.

If you don't remember if you used actual cost or the standard mileage last year.  I'm pretty sure you used the standard mileage.  You would have had to retain receipts and calculate depreciation to use the actual cost.  

@kstein05

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies