Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

legilroy

If I bought a mobile home in 2019 and paid in full, can I deduct the monthly lot rent?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I bought a mobile home in 2019 and paid in full, can I deduct the monthly lot rent?

No, unfortunately you cannot deductthe monthly space rental fees for your mobile home that is your residence. If you move out and rent it out, you could deduct this as a RentalProperty Expense. You can deductMortgage Interest and Property Tax (which may actually be a Vehicle Tax for a mobile home).

However, if you live in California you can get rental credit if that’s your primary home.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No, unfortunately you cannot deductthe monthly space rental fees for your mobile home that is your residence. If you move out and rent it out, you could deduct this as a RentalProperty Expense. You can deductMortgage Interest and Property Tax (which may actually be a Vehicle Tax for a mobile home).

However, if you live in California you can get rental credit if that’s your primary home.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies