arixdriver

I used 4 diffrent cars during 2016 for rideshareing? each car had different miles. how do I list on my taxes?

RyanH2

You will enter each vehicle's expenses separately on your Schedule C. After entering your first vehicle's information you will come to the vehicle summary page where you have the option to add another vehicle. Repeat this process until all 4 of your vehicles have been entered by using the steps below.

To Enter Your Business Vehicle Information:

1. Select "Business" at the top of the screen

2. Choose "Continue", then "I'll choose what I work on"

3. Select "Start" next to "Business Income and Expenses"

4. Select "Edit" next to your business name

5. Scroll down to Business Expenses

6. Now select "Start" next to "Business Vehicle Expense"

7. Select "Edit" next to your vehicle

8. Continue until you arrive to the screen asking for mileage

7. Continue answering the questions until you are asked "Do you want to see if your actual vehicle expenses give you a bigger deduction?" and answer "Yes". Continue to the actual expenses page to enter various expenses associated with your vehicle

9. Continue entering information until you arrive to the Vehicle Summary page and select "+Add a Vehicle" to add another business vehicle

For more information on claiming your mileage visit this link: Business Use of Vehicles

RyanH2

5. Scroll down to Business Expenses

7. Select "Edit" next to your vehicle