turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I do an itemized delaware return while doing a standard deduction federal return.

I know it can be done, but Turbo Tax won't let me do it.  So my question is HOW do I do an itemized Delaware return with a standard deduction federal return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Cindy0H

How do I do an itemized delaware return while doing a standard deduction federal return.

Delaware does it for you. If you enter all of the itemized deductions in the federal return, but choose to take the standard deduction, Delaware will take whichever is financially better for you. There does not seem to be a place in TurboTax where you can make that choice.

If you have other questions about this, ask in the comment section below.

It seems to me I should be able to make the choice of how I file after comparing the results of itemizing or using the standard deduction.  If Turbo Tax doesn't include this option, I find that a failure in the TurboTax program.  I'll try it manually and see which way gives me the best result.
Cindy0H

I understand your viewpoint. Unfortunately, I am a tax advisor not a coder.

I appreciate that and am glad you answered my question.  If you can, please tell me who to complain to.  Many thanks.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies