Solved: I prepaid 2018 property tax in 2017. In TurboTax Premium, do I enter the amount in Deductions & Credits > Property Tax > 'Enter the Property Taxes You Paid' ?

I prepaid 2018 property tax in 2017. In TurboTax Premium, do I enter the amount in Deductions & Credits > Property Tax > 'Enter the Property Taxes You Paid' ?

In a regular year, I would only enter the amount that is in 1098. But it doesn't include my prepayment for 2018. Do I just add them up myself or is there another section in TurboTax Premium that I should be using? Thanks!

Yes, you will have to add the amounts together and enter as one entry under Property Tax.

After you enter your mortgage deduction 1098 form (which include mortgage interest and property tax details), goto the deduction summary (which lists Property Taxes).  Click edit and there is a spot for "Additional property taxes"

Which way is the correct method?  Should we add amounts together or do what turbowhat posted and add as additional property tax?  Thanks.

Prepayed as well (Connecticut) -- Should we be reaching out to our bank for an amended 1098 TY2017 if we prepayed for 2018's taxes?