turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I prepaid 2018 property tax in 2017. In TurboTax Premium, do I enter the amount in Deductions & Credits > Property Tax > 'Enter the Property Taxes You Paid' ?

In a regular year, I would only enter the amount that is in 1098. But it doesn't include my prepayment for 2018. Do I just add them up myself or is there another section in TurboTax Premium that I should be using? Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I prepaid 2018 property tax in 2017. In TurboTax Premium, do I enter the amount in Deductions & Credits > Property Tax > 'Enter the Property Taxes You Paid' ?

Yes, you will have to add the amounts together and enter as one entry under Property Tax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes, you will have to add the amounts together and enter as one entry under Property Tax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
turbowhat

After you enter your mortgage deduction 1098 form (which include mortgage interest and property tax details), goto the deduction summary (which lists Property Taxes).  Click edit and there is a spot for "Additional property taxes"
gil716

Which way is the correct method?  Should we add amounts together or do what turbowhat posted and add as additional property tax?  Thanks.

Prepayed as well (Connecticut) -- Should we be reaching out to our bank for an amended 1098 TY2017 if we prepayed for 2018's taxes?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies