Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I prepaid 2018 property tax in 2017. Do I answer Yes or No to "Did you pay property taxes in 2018"? I don't want to be flagged for answering NO when taxes were paid.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I prepaid 2018 property tax in 2017. Do I answer Yes or No to "Did you pay property taxes in 2018"? I don't want to be flagged for answering NO when taxes were paid.

The question being asked is did you pay them in 2018. If you did, answer yes. If you paid them in any other year, say no. You can only deduct them in the year paid. If you paid 2017 and/or 2018 property taxes in 2018, say so.

thank you.  I paid them in 2017 so I will answer no.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Was my answer not helpful after all? What happened?
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

How else can I help, Rebecca?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies