If you have enough of a credit due back to you, then you might want to consider paper filing your DC Return for this year, as these are the requirements per household, per landlord:
DC - How do I file Schedule H?
If you are required to file a Form D-40, your completed Schedule H must be attached to your Form D-40 by the April 15 filing deadline, unless an extension is filed. If Schedule H is part of the D-40, it can be submitted by the extended due date.
If you are not required to file a Form D-40, the Schedule H may be mailed by itself on or before April 15th to:
The Office of Tax and Revenue, PO Box 209, Washington, D.C., 20044.
What documentation do I need?
Only some of the documents listed below are required in order to file for Schedule H. (Required documents are noted below.)
• Property tax bill if you are a homeowner.
• Lease or other documentation of the amount of rent paid for the year if you are a renter.
• A completed and signed physician's certificate when claiming a credit for blindness or disability. 3 (required each year)
• Names and social security numbers of all household members. (required)
• Name and contact information for your landlord. (required)
• Gross Income of all members. (required)