turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

additionalpeople
Returning Member

I moved more than once in 2020 in the same state, how do I list more than one landlord in the property rental credit section

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I moved more than once in 2020 in the same state, how do I list more than one landlord in the property rental credit section

Depends on the state. You forgot to mention what state return you are preparing.

additionalpeople
Returning Member

Its Washington DC and they do alllow the credit

If you have enough of a credit due back to you, then you might want to consider paper filing your DC Return for this year, as these are the requirements per household, per landlord:

DC - How do I file Schedule H?

If you are required to file a Form D-40, your completed Schedule H must be attached to your Form D-40 by the April 15 filing deadline, unless an extension is filed. If Schedule H is part of the D-40, it can be submitted by the extended due date.

If you are not required to file a Form D-40, the Schedule H may be mailed by itself on or before April 15th to:

The Office of Tax and Revenue, PO Box 209, Washington, D.C., 20044.

What documentation do I need?

Only some of the documents listed below are required in order to file for Schedule H. (Required documents are noted below.) 

• Property tax bill if you are a homeowner.

• Lease or other documentation of the amount of rent paid for the year if you are a renter.

• A completed and signed physician's certificate when claiming a credit for blindness or disability. 3 (required each year)

• Names and social security numbers of all household members. (required)

• Name and contact information for your landlord. (required)

• Gross Income of all members. (required)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies