Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sea_buck

I'm renting from a property management group. I can not find who owns the property. Can I list the property managers as the landlord when filing for a renter's deduction?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm renting from a property management group. I can not find who owns the property. Can I list the property managers as the landlord when filing for a renter's deduction?

Which state ???  

sea_buck

Indiana 

What information is needed to report this deduction?

To report your renter's deduction, you will be required to provide the following information:

• The address where rented if it's different from the address on the front of the return (leave blank if it is not different),
  • The landlord's name and address,   ENTER THE NAME/ADDRESS OF THE PERSON/COMPANY YOU PAY THE RENT TO
  • The total amount of rent paid, and
  • The number of months you lived there.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies