• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azzy-dorr
Level 1

I'm being asked to file FL state taxes, but I don't own any property, I'm just a self-employed hobby author writing from my house. Can I skip this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I'm being asked to file FL state taxes, but I don't own any property, I'm just a self-employed hobby author writing from my house. Can I skip this?

If you do not have tangible personal property used in a business or a rental property in Florida, then you are not required to file a return for Florida.  

As long as you have not paid for the Florida return in TurboTax, you can use the steps in the following article to delete the return:  How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

If you do not have tangible personal property used in a business or a rental property in Florida, then you are not required to file a return for Florida.  

As long as you have not paid for the Florida return in TurboTax, you can use the steps in the following article to delete the return:  How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings
v