Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pigstysma

I'm being asked "Did you pay property tax on your home in Lake County?" I don't own a home in Lake County. I already entered my property tax info for my only home.

I only own one home and it's not in Lake County.  I entered the property tax info already and then I'm being asked about taxes on a 2nd home.  If I just answer "NO" and move on, is that ok?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I'm being asked "Did you pay property tax on your home in Lake County?" I don't own a home in Lake County. I already entered my property tax info for my only home.

Answering no and moving on makes sense IF and only IF you are going to actually look at your return and make sure it does not show up! For example: if you end up taking the standard deduction, then property tax would not count regardless of the location. If you are adding a rental property with Lake County, that is a separate issue. Please be sure to see How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pigstysma

So as long as I'm taking the standard deduction, I don't need to worry about it?  Am I understanding this correctly?  Again, I only own one home.  I have no other homes, rental properties, etc.  One home, that's it.  I entered my property tax info for it but then I'm being asked about a 2nd home in a different county and I don't understand why I'm even being asked.  Why do they seem to think I have another home and how do I correct it?  I have no idea who I would even contact about this.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Probably, if you are taking the standard deduction there probably would be no change to your tax return.

It looks like you are using TurboTax Deluxe Online.  An inactive rental property may not show up.  When you've completed your return,

• and you pay for it,
  • DO NOT File it yet.
  • You can print out your entire return.
  • Check and see if you have a Schedule E (Rental Property)
  • Also check if you have a Schedule A (Itemized Deductions)
  • See if you see anything related to Lake County
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies