Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I led a FREE 200 hour yoga teacher training- as I’m an Independent Contract leading Teacher Trainings. Can I claim the est pp tuition? What form is needed to file?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

I led a FREE 200 hour yoga teacher training- as I’m an Independent Contract leading Teacher Trainings. Can I claim the est pp tuition? What form is needed to file?

Take a deduction for money you didn't spend?  No.  You are not permitted any deduction based on the amount of time you volunteered.

Thanks for the reply! I did spend money on creating 55 training manuals, meals for 25 days, airport luggage, graduation certificates.   Would that count?  Thanks Turbo Community!  Just trying to do things right:-)

The money you spent on the training manuals and the graduation certificates that you gave away to clients would be deductible.

New luggage sounds like a personal expense, and everyone has to eat.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Thanks Lisa:-)

I wasn’t referring to “airport luggage” as acquired.  I meant to say I paid for my luggage round trip expense....and as an Independent Contractor, in general I’ve been able to claim “meal expenses.”  But due to “not being able to claim” my 200 hour of volunteering to lead a FREE YOGA TRAINING ....I wasn’t sure what to claim at that point.   Thanks for the input and advise:-)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies