Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We do not qualify for EIC. Error fixes says we need to fix prior year EIC must be greater than current year. How do we get past this error fix to file taxes?

We do not qualify for EIC. Error fixes says we need to fix prior year EIC must be greater than current year. How do we get past this error fix to file taxes? It Will Not Let me E-File with this error. The did not occur until the latest Update.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We do not qualify for EIC. Error fixes says we need to fix prior year EIC must be greater than current year. How do we get past this error fix to file taxes?

Today's update broke the software and is causing this. You should NOT keep trying to e-file, because there is no telling what else got broken and your numbers could possibly be wrong. There is no way to get around it, it's broken and will remain so until they get it fixed with another update.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
trathof

I did not get this message until tonight when you updated turbo tax prior to my review before filing

I am getting the same error as you are. What can be done? Will Turbo Tax issue an update to fix this?

This has to be a bug. I don't even qualify for earned income and I am getting this error.

same here - i don't qualify either and getting error.

I keep getting the same error too....a rep said "Checking to see if its a program issue.. thanks for your patience!"

I am getting the same error.
mikedault

I am getting same error

this is so frustrating since my return will not go through until I fix this error.  How long will it take for the update to go through??
jdavis

This sucks, filed a return earlier tonight no problem. Logged back in to do a second return and now I' stuck in this loop too!

Same issue as everyone else....don't qualify for the EIC but can't file

I just posted a potential work around here:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4198384-what-if-worksheet-re-child-tax-credit-earned-income-credit...>

Today's update broke the software and is causing this. You should NOT keep trying to e-file, because there is no telling what else got broken and your numbers could possibly be wrong. There is no way to get around it, it's broken and will remain so until they get it fixed with another update.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies