Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I installed a Ductless heat pump in 2017 & have an Oregon Dept of Energy Certification# for a tax credit of 1137.00 but no place to enter it. Why?

I have a certificate number of 897639 and a credit amount approved of 1137.00 but I am being told that it is eligible.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomD8
Level 15

I installed a Ductless heat pump in 2017 & have an Oregon Dept of Energy Certification# for a tax credit of 1137.00 but no place to enter it. Why?

Are you trying to enter it on your federal tax return?  On your 2017 federal return, there are no energy tax credits except for solar energy systems.  Enter your information on your Oregon state return only.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

Are you trying to enter it on your federal tax return?  On your 2017 federal return, there are no energy tax credits except for solar energy systems.  Enter your information on your Oregon state return only.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
TomD8
Level 15

Apparently the new Congressional budget passed February 9th restored the federal energy tax break.  See this:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4241639">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4241639</a>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies