These expenses flow to the Schedule A on Line 6, Real Estate Taxes and Line 10, Home Mortgage Interest. If your total deductions reported on Schedule A are less than your Standard Deduction, Turbo Tax will maximize your deductions and claim the Standard Deduction.
Since you saw no change in your refund when you added the deductions, they were most likely not in excess of your Standard Deduction amount - especially since you are deducting some as Home Office expense.
You can find the Standard Deduction chart at the link below on page 25
To preview your tax return:
Log in to your Turbo Tax return. Once you are into your return, you should:
- Click on My Account in the upper right (see screenshot one).
- From the My Account menu, click on Tools
- Click on View Tax Summary. (See second screenshot).
- Then click on Preview my 1040 (third screenshot).
- Scroll down to Line 21 on Form 1040.