Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EREVIS82

I have medical expenses incurred in 2016 but I set up a payment schedule with the Hospital. Am I able to deduct the entire medical bill this year or only the amount of payments made thru 12-31-16?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have medical expenses incurred in 2016 but I set up a payment schedule with the Hospital. Am I able to deduct the entire medical bill this year or only the amount of payments made thru 12-31-16?

What if the medical expenses or hospital visit was from 2016 but we made payments every month in 2017...can we deduct all the payments we made in 2017 on our 2017 taxes?

@justinmegan616 - Any valid medical expenses paid in 2017 with out of pocket funds can be entered on your 2017 tax return.

You can only deduct the eligible medical expenses that you actually paid with out of pocket funds in 2016 on your 2016 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies