turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nthurai7

I have foreign capital losses, no 1099-B form. The system doesn't ask me "did you receive a 1099-B form". It just tells me to type in my 1099 form details

All the answers in the forum tell me to select "no" for did you receive a form 1099-B, but this question doesnt come up. All it tells me to do is electronically upload the form and when I press type it myself it asks why and continues on. I am not sure what to do.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

I have foreign capital losses, no 1099-B form. The system doesn't ask me "did you receive a 1099-B form". It just tells me to type in my 1099 form details

You need to keep going through the interview as if you do have a Form 1099-B. What you are looking for is the screen that says Now, we'll enter one sale on your [name] 1099-B. Under Sales section, choose either Short-term did not receive 1099-B form or Long-term did not receive 1099-B form. 

To verify that information was entered correctly, after you print/create pdif of your tax return, look at Form 8949. Either box C or Box F will be check. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies