I have a HSA through my employer and my husband is...

I have a HSA through my employer and my husband is on it. Do I have to check both boxes that we have it or just me bc it’s with my employer my husband is added as a spouse

If your husband is covered under your HDHP, then you have a family plan HSA. The HSA is owned individually by you, but because you have a family plan, you can pay for medical expenses for the both of you.

On the page, Were you enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) in 2019?  Answer yes, if you were the account owner, then select Me and my family if your husband is covered by your HDHP. 

Enter Form 1099-SA in TurboTax. The form will list the total distributions from the account.  It doesn't matter who the expenses where for under a family plan.

An HSA is like an IRA.  It is only ever owned by one person, although you might have two-person or family insurance that qualifies you to contribute to the account. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**