keltshan

I had a breast augmentation revision for capsular contracture and rupture, is this deductible?

Initial surgery was in 1997, complications arose in 2016 and I had the revision of breast augmentation in 2016

IreneS

Yes.  While the original breast augmentation would not have been considered a medical expense, the revision is.

IRS Pub. 502 - Medical and Dental Expenses defines medical expenses as:  "...the costs of diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, and the costs for treatments affecting any part or function of the body"

IreneS