rickacopeland

I earned $1000 providing child care for my grandchild in my home how do I claim the income? My daughter is claiming the child care deduction.

HelenaC

If you receive money from freelance or side jobs and getting paid cash, the income is reported as self-employed income. It is reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business.

To enter your self-employment income from cash, personal checks or credit card payments (1099-K):

1. When in your account, select the Take Me to My Return button on the main screen.
  2. Type “Schedule C” in the Search box
  3. Select the “Jump to” link.
  4. Answer the general questions about your business.
  5. At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Additional Income

When you’re self-employed, you’ll also want to review your expenses. If they are work-related expenses, you can deduct them.

HelenaC

2. Type “Schedule C” in the Search box
  3. Select the “Jump to” link.