That is correct.
You can take a $300 adjustment to income for cash donations and take the standard deduction in 2020.
You will make this entry in the Federal interview section of the program.
- Select Deductions & Credits
- Scroll down to All Tax Breaks and select Charitable Donations
- Select Start to the right of Donations to Charity in 2020
- Proceed to enter the details of your charitable cash contribution by entity as applicable in this section.
- Once you have completed entering your details, select Done with Charitable Donations
Continue through the screens until you see the screen titled Charitable Cash Contributions under Cares Act. You will be able to confirm the amount of your cash contributions on this screen.
Your input in both of the sections above will ensure you are either able to take the deduction if you are able to itemize, or will pick up the adjustment if you are taking the standard deduction.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
After you enter the charity- Then keep going and finish all the deductions section. It should say the Standard Deduction is right for you. Then it will add the amount to line 10b.